Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has unveiled its latest smartphone named Honor Magic at an event in China. The Honor Magic features a 5.09-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 3D curved glass Display with a pixel density of 577ppi. It is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor clocked at 2GHz with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
It sports a 12-megapixel Dual-Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P Lens and a 8-megapixel Front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. It features a fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button below the display and has curved glass on the back. The smartphone is backed by a 2900mAh non-removable battery with Huawei’s Magic Power fast charging technology which can charge the phone up to 70 percent in just 20 minutes and 90 percent in just 30 minutes of charging.
It comes with a WiseScreen Magic Intelligent sensor which allows users to unlock their phone by simply picking up and looking at the screen. When you pick up the phone, the sensor will unlock the smartphone only after it recognizes your hand and your eyes. When you put your phone down or in your pocket, the display will automatically turn off in one second.
Another new feature is called The FaceCode Intelligent Recognition feature which protects your privacy by revealing message notifications arriving on the device only after it recognizes your face. The users will have to pre-register their face on the phone.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with company’s new custom UI that includes the Honor Live system. The company says that this system will use artificial intelligence anticipate your needs, for example, if you’re talking about movies with someone, it will recommend the latest blockbusters for you.
Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Honor Magic Specifications:
- Display: 5.09-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 3D curved glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 950 (Quad 2.3GHz A72 + Quad 1.8GHz A53) processor, Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P Lens, support 4K video recording and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 78.1-Degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Honor Magic Live UI
- Battery: 2900mAh battery with Huawei Magic fast charge technology
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Hall effect sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Phone status indicator, Gyroscope
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 146.1×69.9×7.8 mm and weighs 145 grams
Pricing & Availability:
The Honor Magic comes in Golden Black and Porcelain White colour options. It has been priced at CNY 3,699 (US $532 / Rs. 36,000 approximately) and will be available through JD.com, TMall, VMall and some other stores starting from 16th December in China. The company has not revealed its global availability details yet.