Huawei’s Honor brand has launched its new flagship Honor 9 smartphone at an event in China. The Honor 9 features a 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS display, powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 960 processor coupled with Mali-G71 MP8 GPU. It comes in 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB storage options.
In terms of optics, the Honor 9 sports a dual rear camera setup which includes a 20-megapixel sensor (for monochrome) and 12-megapixel sensor (for RGB) with dual-tone LED Flash, 2X optical zoom, bokeh and portrait modes. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture. It has a 3D metal & glass body, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and AKM Hi-Fi audio chip for an enhanced audio experience.
The device runs EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat and is backed by a 3200mAh non-removable battery which supports fast charging technology. Connectivity options includes Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C & GPS.
Honor 9 Specifications:
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 960 (Quad 2.4GHz A73 + Quad 1.8GHz A53) processor, Mali-G71 MP8 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Camera: 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual Rear cameras with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, 4K video recording and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- OS: EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3200mAh non-removable battery with fast charging technology
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 147.3×70.9×7.45 mm and weighs 155 grams
The Honor 9 smartphone comes in Amber Gold, Blue, Black & Gray colour options, priced at CNY 2,299 ($338 / Rs. 21,780 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant, CNY 2,699 ($397 / Rs. 25,580 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant costs CNY 2,999 ($441 / Rs. 28,415 aprrox). It will go on sale in China from 16th June via Jingdong, Lynx and Vmall.