Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has unveiled its latest Honor 6X smartphone at an event in China. The Honor 6X boasts a metal unibody and features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS Display with 2.5D Curved Glass protection. It is powered by an Octa-core Kirin 655 (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) processor along with Mali T830-MP2 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
At the back, the Honor 6X sports a dual camera setup which includes a 12-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash, 6P Lens, PDAF and a 2-megapixel secondary camera for getting depth of field and background blur. There’s an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies and video calling. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back below the camera setup which can unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds. The device measures 8.2 mm thickness and weighs 162 grams. It packs a 3340mAh battery that supports fast charging technology.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
Honor 6X Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 655 (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) processor with Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB / 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with LED Flash, 6P Lens, PDAF and a 2MP Secondary camera, 8MP Front-facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 3340mAh battery with Fast Charging technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2 mm and weighs 162 grams
The Honor 6X comes in Blue, Gold, Silver, Grey and Rose Gold colour options. It has been priced at CNY 999 (approximately $148 / Rs. 9,888) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant while the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage variant costs CNY 1299 (approximately $192 / Rs. 12,850) and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant costs CNY 1599 (approximately $235 / Rs. 15,825). It is now available for pre-order and will go on sale starting from October 25th in China.