Chinese smartphone maker, Gionee has launched the Steel 2 smartphone in China. The Gionee Steel 2 features a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor coupled with Mali-T720 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
On the camera front, the smartphone sports an 8-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel Front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. The device measures 8.6mm thickness and weighs 160 grams. It packs a 4000mAh non-removable battery with quick charge technology which can deliver up to 45 hours of talktime and up to 527 hours of standby time.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on the company’s Amigo 3.5 UI based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Gionee Steel 2 Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor, Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP Rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP Front camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 144.3×70.5×8.6 mm and weighs 160 grams
The Gionee Steel 2 comes in Jazz Gold and Gold Black colour options, priced at CNY 1,299 (US $188 / Rs. 12,800 approximately). It is now available for pre-orders on company’s online store in China.