Gionee today announced the launch of its S6 Pro smartphone in India. The Gionee S6 Pro has all metal unibody design and features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Edge Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 MT6755M processor along with Mali-T860MP2 GPU. It comes with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
The device sports a 13-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash and a 8-megapixel Front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button below the display which can unlock the device in just 0.1 seconds.
It comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It packs a 3130mAh non-removable battery and runs on Amigo OS 3.2 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C & GPS.
Gionee S6 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 MT6755M processor, Mali-T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash and a 8MP Front camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Battery: 3130mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 153×75.2×7.6 mm and weighs 170 grams
The Gionee S6 Pro comes in Gold, Silver and Rose Gold Colour options. The smartphone carries a price tag of Rs. 23,999 and will be available through offline channels starting October 1, 2016. It comes with a free three month subscription of Saavn Pro as an introductory offer. The company has also launched a VR headset which is compatible with Gionee S6 Pro smartphone and will be available for purchase at Rs. 2,499.