Gionee has launched its latest M6 and M6 Plus smartphones at an event in China. The Gionee M6 Plus features a 6-inch Full HD AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 MT6755 processor along with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. It has 4GB of RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card. The Gionee M6 Plus comes with an infrared sensor on the top but doesn’t comes with the standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
It sports a 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size, Omnivision OV8856 sensor. The Chinese version comes with an encrypted chip to secure a user’s personal data while the international version of Gionee M6 comes with a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. The device measures 8.2 mm thickness and weighs 215 grams. It is packed with a massive 6020mAh battery that supports fast charging with dual charging chip.
The Dual-SIM smartphone runs on Amigo OS 3.2 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE with VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Gionee M6 Plus Specifications:
- Display: 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D Curved Glass Display
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 MT6755 processor, Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 16MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12 µm pixel size, Omnivision OV8856 sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 6020mAh battery with Fast Charging support
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 160.5×80.6×8.2 mm and weighs 215 grams
The Gionee M6 Plus comes in Champagne Gold colour and has been priced at CNY 2,999 (approximatly $449 / Rs. 30,250) for the 64GB storage variant while the 128GB variant costs CNY 3,199 (approximately $479 / Rs. 32,250). The smartphone will be available starting from August 13th in China. Stay tuned for more tech updates.