Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Gionee has expanded its budget smartphone portfolio with the launch of Gionee F5. The Gionee F5 features a 5.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass IPS Display. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor along with Mali-T860 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
In the camera department, there is a 13-megapixel Rear camera with LED Flash and an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies and video calling. It has a unibody metal design, features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the physical home button on the front. The fingerprint sensor can also be used for mobile payment services on WeChat and AliPay. The device measures 7.7mm thickness and weighs 162 grams.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid Dual-SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Amigo OS 3.2 out of the box and is backed by a 4000mAh non-removable battery. Connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 & GPS.
Gionee F5 Specifications:
- Display: 5.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D Curved Glass IPS Display
- Processor: 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor, Mali-T860 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash and a 8MP Front camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 4000mAh non-removable battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 150×74.5×7.7 mm and weighs 162 grams
The Gionee F5 comes in Gold and Rose Gold colour options and the company is offering some freebies like free selfie stick and USB light. It has been priced at 1799 Yuan (around $260 / Rs. 17,600) and is now available for purchase in China. There is no word on the availability of the smartphone in the international markets.