BlackBerry has officially launched its latest Android-powered smartphone that was codenamed Mercury or DTEK70 as ‘BlackBerry KEYone’ at its MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. The BlackBerry KEYone features a 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 Display with a pixel density of 433ppi and scratch-resistant glass protection. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm processor along with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the BlackBerry KEYone sports a 12-megapixel Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX378 senor, PDAF, 1.55µm pixel size, support 4K video recording and a 8-megapixel Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size. It has a 4-row QWERTY Physical Keyboard with keys that respond to touch gestures. The spacebar in the forth row of the QWERTY Keyboard comes integrated with a fingerprint sensor. It boasts 3505mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology which can charge up to 50% in just 36 minutes of charging.
The smartphone comes runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB 3.0 Type-C & GPS.
BlackBerry KEYone Specifications:
- Display: 4.5-inch (1620×1080 pixels) 3:2 Display with scratch-resistant glass protection
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX378 senor, PDAF, 1.55µm pixel size, support 4K video recording and a 8MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Battery: 3505mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.2, USB 3.0 Type-C & GPS
- Dimensions: 149.3×72.5×9.4 mm and weighs 180 grams
The BlackBerry KEYone comes in Black colour and has been priced at $549 (Rs. 38,600 approx.) in the US, £499 (Rs. 41,400 approx) in the UK and €599 (Rs. 42.100) in Europe. It will roll out globally starting from April. As of now, there’s no information whther the smartphone is coming to India or not.
Stay tuned to TechnoMania365 for more tech news and updates!