BB Merah Putih, the company that holds the brand licensing agreement for manufacturing and selling BlackBerry smartphones in Indonesia, on Thursday launched the BlackBerry Aurora smartphone for Indonesian consumers. It is the first Blackberry smartphone designed and manufactured in Indonesia and is also claimed to be the first ever dual-SIM BlackBerry handset.
The BlackBerry Aurora features a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display, and is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
In terms of optics, the BlackBerry Aurora offers a 13-megapixel Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash and a 8-megapixel Front camera for taking selfies and video calling. The device is backed by a 3000mAh Li-ion battery and runs Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. Connectivity options includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 & GPS.
BlackBerry Aurora Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS Display
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor, Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Camera: 13MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash and a 8MP Front camera
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-ion battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Dimensions: 152×76.8×8.55 mm and weighs 178 grams
The BlackBerry Aurora comes in Gold, Silver and Black colour options and has been priced at RP 3,499,000 (US $260 / Rs. 17,450 approx) in Indonesia. It will be available for pre-order till March 12th.