ASUS has unveiled its latest smartphone named ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. The ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by a 2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB of internal storage (eMMC 5.1), which can be further expanded up to 2TB via microSD card.
Coming to the optics, which is the main highlight of the device, the ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom sports a dual rear camera setup with a 12-megapixel Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, three-axis EIS, four-axis OIS and the 12-megapixel Secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P Largan Lens. It has a 25mm wide-angle lens and a 56mm lens, offers 12X Digital zoom and 2.3x optical zoom.
On the front, there is a 13-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX214 sensor and a screen flash feature. It also has a fingerprint sensor located at the back. The device is backed by a massive 5000mAh battery that can give up to 42 days of standby time and capture up to 6.4 hours of continuous UltraHD video recording.
The Dual-SIM smartphone comes with Hybrid SIM slot which means the second sim slot can be used as microSD card slot. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with company’s ZenUI 3.0 on top. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C & GPS.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 2TB)
- Camera: 12MP Rear camera with Dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, Laser Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, 4 axis OIS, 3 axis EIS, 12MP Secondary Camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P Largan Lens and a 13MP Front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX214 sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery: 5000mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, GPS
- Dimensions: 154.3x77x7.99 mm and weighs 170 grams
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom comes in Glacier Silver, Sapphire Black and Rose Gold colour options and will be available starting February 2017. The company has not revealed the pricing of the device.