Apple has officially announced the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus at a special event in San Francisco. The iPhone 7 Plus features a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Retina HD LED backlit IPS Display with a pixel density of 401 ppi and a contrast ratio of 1300:1. It is powered by a quad-core A10 Fusion 64-bit processor, six-core GPU along with M10 motion co-processor. It comes with 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB / 128GB / 256GB storage options. There’s 3D Touch pressure sensitive technology which was introduced with the iPhone 6S.
It sports a 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with Quad-LED True tone Flash, f/1.8 aperture (wide-angle), f/2.8 aperture (telephoto), Six-element lens and Optical image stabilisation (OIS). It can record 4K videos at 30 fps, slow motion Full HD videos at 120 fps and HD videos at 240 fps. On the front, there’s a 7MP Facetime HD camera with f/2.2 aperture, Full HD video recording, Retina flash.
As expected, the iPhone 7 Plus doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, instead audio is routed through lightning connector. It comes bundled with the new Earpods with lightning connector as well as a lightning to 3.5mm adapter. The company has also redesigned the home button which house the fingerprint sensor. It is replaced with a static version that’s pressure sensitive and comes with the new generation Taptic Engine. The iPhone 7 Plus is dust and water resistance with IP67 ratings, includes stereo speakers and give one hour more battery life than iPhone 6S Plus.
The device packs a non-removable Li-ion battery and runs on the latest iOS 10 out of the box. Connectivity options includes 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS with GLONASS.
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Retina HD LED backlit IPS Display
- Processor: Quad-core A10 Fusion 64-bit processor, six-core GPU along with M10 motion co-processor
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 128GB / 256GB internal storage
- Camera: 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with Quad-LED True tone Flash, f/1.8 aperture (wide-angle), f/2.8 aperture (telephoto), Six-element lens, OIS, Optical zoom at 2x, digital zoom at 10x, support 4K video recording and a 7MP Front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Full HD video recording, Retina flash
- OS: iOS 10
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS with GLONASS
- Dimensions: 158.2×77.9×7.3 mm and weighs 188 grams
The Apple iPhone 7 Plus comes in Gold, Silver, Rose Gold, Black & Jet Black colour variants and has been priced at $769 for the base 32GB version, 128GB version costs $869 and the top-end 256GB version costs $969. It will be available for pre-order starting September 9th in more than 25 countries and goes on sale from September 16th.