Google is the biggest name in the field of internet related services and products. This American multinational company has the capability of amusing us by its cutting edge products and services. One of the newest and innovative creations of Google is the Google assistant.
The Google assistant is a virtual Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered personal assistant which was first unveiled at Google’s developer conference last year and was first seen in Google Allo chat app and Google Home. In smartphones, it was first launched in Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone which was launched in October last year.
During the launch, the assistant was limited only for Google devices but gradually the things changed and this year’s Mobile World Congress (MWC), it was seen in various vendors like LG, Nokia and Lenovo (for Moto devices).
We can command this astonishing software both by natural voice command and by the keyboard. The application can surf the internet, schedule events and alarms, adjust hardware settings on the user’s device, and show information from the user’s Google account.
Google always keep the things simple and here’s the set of steps for installing Google Assistant on your smartphone-
- Step 1: First of all you’ll need the application of Google Play Services updated to version 10.2.98 or later. If you have an older version, you can update it manually or wait for the device to automatically update it.
- Step 2: Change Default language of the device to English(US). For doing that navigate to Device Settings > Language & Input > Change it to English (US).
- Step 3: Check the Google App, It must be of the latest version. If not, update it from the Google play store.
- Step 4: Go to App settings and clear the cache from your Google App data. For doing that navigate to Device Settings > Apps > Google App > Clear cache. This will clear all the settings previously applied on the app.
- Step 5: Once done, just tap and hold the home button of your smartphone and you’ll see a message from the bottom of the screen asking you to get started with Google Assistant.
You have successfully installed the most user-friendly and broad ranged personal assistant among all other artificial intelligence powered personal assistants.